Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted September 25, 2009

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Series: Eureka Moments

Title: The Full Truth

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the world is not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG.

Summary: Jack waited longer than Henry'd expected to ask about the letter. 200 words.

Spoilers: Eureka post-3.18 "What Goes Around Comes Around"

Notes: Also references 1.12 "Once in a Lifetime".


Jack waited longer than Henry'd expected to ask about the Harvard recommendation letter, and when he did, he had only one question:

"Why Zoe?"

Henry's answer was that she deserved it. But that wasn't the full truth, was it?

The Zoe he knew now, of the B- average, part-time job, and still-single father, wasn't the strongest candidate at Tesla. But the Zoe that might've been, the valedictorian with the new brother and mother who'd kept her focus more closely on her schoolwork, had been the best of her class... and Henry had been too obsessed with saving Kim to assist her.

On behalf of the Zoe he'd slighted, he'd written that letter in the here and now.

And on behalf of the Jack who'd left a wife and child behind to prevent Henry from destroying the universe, Henry had another answer for a question not yet asked:

"I know you're wondering what to do now she and Tess are gone. Go to Australia and find out; if you're happy there, stay. You belong in Eureka, Jack. But you deserve happiness more than we need you.

"Hold on to love while you've got it. You never know how long it'll last."

 

Go to: Top | Series Index | Serial Fiction (Other) | Fan Fiction Index


© 2009 Jedi Buttercup.