Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted July 11, 2006

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Series: Watching Buffy

Title: Well Wishes

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: All your Buffy and Angel are belong to Joss Whedon.

Rating: PG

Summary: B:tVS S3. Wesley has a visitor after his injury at graduation. 200 words.


When he next woke, he found a most unexpected visitor at his bedside-- his Slayer. Rather, his former Slayer; she'd been most emphatic about breaking with the Council. Not that that had dissuaded her previous Watcher from continuing to assist-- but then, Wesley had no illusions about Buffy's fondness for him as a person.

She blinked at him, then looked down as she became aware of his return gaze, fiddling with a stake clasped in her hands. "Hey, Wes," she said.

"Miss Summers," he offered. "To what do I owe the honor?"

"I just-- you know. Wanted to say sorry, and thanks," she replied.

"Why?" he asked, baffled.

She glanced up again, giving him an embarrassed little smile. "You stayed and helped," she said. "I know I was giving you kind of a hard time, but you tried anyway."

He was at a loss how to respond. "I--"

Some of his confusion must have shown on his face; she shook her head, cheeks still tinged with a faint blush, and got up. "Get well soon, okay?"

He murmured his thanks, then watched, bemused, as she left. It really was a pity they hadn't met on better terms.

 

Go to: Top | Series Index | Serial Fiction (Other) | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.