Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted July 14, 2006

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Series: Watching Buffy

Title: Passing By

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: All your Buffy and Angel are belong to Joss Whedon.

Rating: PG

Summary: B:tVS, S4; A:tS, S1. Wesley finds his gaze unexpectedly caught by the bright Slayer. Double drabble.

Spoilers: A:tS 1.19 "Sanctuary"


"They'll expect to find you gone," Wesley told Angel, holding up the syringe he'd been given, "and her drugged." He glanced after the dark Slayer as he spoke, watching to see that she was retrieving her coat as ordered-- and found his gaze caught by the bright Slayer instead. Of course she would have come, after all that had happened; nonetheless, her presence was an unexpected jolt to his system.

"How many?" Angel prompted.

"Three." Wesley pocketed the syringe again, turning away from Angel as he spoke to stride hurriedly across the room after Faith-- then paused in front of Buffy, unable to pass her without a proper greeting.

"Hello, Buffy," he said, gently. He took in the curly fall of her long, blonde hair, the distress written clearly across her face, and the blood on her lip, and wondered what she saw when she looked at him. "I'm afraid you've come at a bad time."

For a brief moment she met his gaze; something deep and wordless hung in the air between them. But there was no time to wonder; events pressed urgently onward.

"I'm feeling that," she replied, glancing back to Angel, and the moment passed them by.

 

Go to: Top | Series Index | Serial Fiction (Other) | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.