Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted October 23, 2006

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Crackpot Theories

Title: Crackpot Theories

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG-13.

Summary: B:tVS, Heroes. Someone's been calling Slayers, asking if they've noticed any strange abilities recently. 400 words.

Spoilers: B:tVS post-"Chosen", first few episodes of Heroes.


Buffy frowned as she stared down at the be-turbaned older man pictured on the back of the book Giles had given her. She'd tried reading a little of it on the flight, since she was supposed to be pretending to be a fan of the author, but it was mind-numbingly boring; luckily, she had Willow along to fill any awkward gaps in the conversation.

Provided he was harmless, anyway. If he wasn't? There was a reason she had the Scythe packed in an enchanted sleeve in her luggage. The professor guy been calling new Slayers around the world for weeks, asking if they'd noticed any strange abilities recently; they'd all pretended not to know what he was talking about, thank God, but the fact that he'd known their names at all was very suspicious. Either he routinely combed newspapers for the slightest hint of anyone who might fit his crackpot theories-- most of the Slayers he'd called had been briefly mentioned in their local press due to strange things they'd done in public the day they were Called-- or else his crackpot theories were just a cover, and he was a threat that needed neutralizing. Faith had wanted to hunt him down herself after the sixth girl had reported in, but since she'd been number four, Robin and Giles had convinced her it would be better to send in someone who wasn't already on this Chandra Suresh's radar.

There hadn't been any new calls reported during the days it had taken to summon Buffy and Willow back from Rome and Brazil, but there was still a Suresh living at the same address in New York, according to Council contacts; whatever he was up to, they'd find out soon enough. Provided their cab actually made it there through the choking city traffic.

Buffy wasn't sure which option she was hoping for, evil or merely too curious for his own good. Either way, they were going to have to get him off the Slayers' scent somehow, and innocent people were always more awkward to deal with. Although, if his theories were more than a scam? She was so going to sic Willow on his records. Chances were high that anyone who could fly or travel through time or see the future would already be hip deep in the weird, and the Council could use all the open-minded heroic types it could get.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.