Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted July 19, 2006

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Jar of Dirt

Title: Jar of Dirt

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary:B:tVS, PotC:DMC. It wasn't the first thing Buffy would think of if she saw an art gallery advertising pirate plunder. Double drabble.

Spoilers: Early B:tVS; "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" (2006).

Notes: Just a bit of whimsy. (Yes, the reader knows there's a slight factual problem with the claim. That wasn't the point of the ficlet. *grin*)


"And this," Joyce said in a conspiratorial tone of voice as she showed off her latest acquisition to her daughter, "is reputedly the infamous 'Jar of Dirt' carried by the legenday pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow of the Black Pearl, on his return voyage from China. It was mentioned in several letters and other references dated to the time period--"

"But it's just a jar of dirt," Buffy objected, scowling at it. "I thought you were running an art gallery. What's so art-y about a jar of dirt?"

Joyce gave her daughter a mild, patient smile, the kind that always made Buffy grit her teeth in suspicion of parental condescension. "This isn't just any jar of dirt, Buffy. It's the 'Jar of Dirt', made of blown glass more than three centuries old, containing earth from a Caribbean beach untouched by any of the pollutants that spoil our oceans today..."

Buffy rolled her eyes at her mother's audible quote marks. "It's still a jar full of dirt," she interrupted, sarcastically. "Not the first thing I'd think of if I saw an art gallery advertising pirate plunder."

"My daughter the philistine," Joyce said with a fond, exasperated smile, and patted the Slayer's cheek.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.