Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted April 30, 2007

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Nothing New Under the Sun

Title: Nothing New Under the Sun

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the world is not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG.

Summary: Jonas had never even had the slightest suspicion that she wasn't what she seemed. 300 words.

Spoilers: Stargate SG-1 "Fallout" (7.14)

Notes: For glamgeek, who requested SG-1, Jonas, warm. I'd always wondered about the aftermath of this particular episode.


"I know you may find this hard to believe," Kianna's words echoed in his mind, "but she appreciated everything that you did for her. What you tried to do."

She appreciated. She, the Goa'uld. The woman Jonas had worked with, had fallen in love with over the last several months-- she'd been one of Ba'al's lackeys the entire time, and he'd had no idea. She'd been brilliant, affectionate, and fun, nothing like the cruel, egocentric control freaks he'd run into before; he'd never had even the slightest suspicion that she wasn't what she seemed.

He scrubbed a hand across tired eyes, then turned over, tangling the bedsheets with his feet. He found himself reaching automatically for the space beside him-- then registering, once again, the absence of warmth. Kianna wasn't in the bathroom, wasn't fixing tea in the kitchen; she wasn't here at all, because she wasn't the one who'd loved him back. She'd smiled at him as they spoke, the first time it had actually been her he was talking to-- but the spark he'd always seen in her eyes before had been missing.

Jonas still didn't know how he was supposed to feel about-- everything. How much of the Goa'uld's behavior had been based on the real Kianna's personality-- and did that mean he had any chance at winning her back? It felt awkward, to mourn the death of a woman whose face he still saw daily; it felt like a betrayal, to know the first and greatest of the personal ties he'd formed after returning to his homeworld had been to a creature whose greatest ambition had been to conquer it.

He snorted into his pillow. Nearly a year after leaving Earth, and he was still living out a distorted script from the life of Daniel Jackson.

 

Go to: Top | Single-Fandom Teenyfic | Fan Fiction Index


© 2007 Jedi Buttercup.