Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted January 19, 2007
& July 8, 2007

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    TtH: Part I & Part II

Fan Fiction: Attempted Acquisition

Title: Attempted Acquisition

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: Angel, SG-1. Lilah won the battle-- but SG-1 won the war. Paired double drabbles.

Notes: Set post "Not Fade Away" in the Angel-verse, about a year or so after SG-1 7.03 "Fragile Balance". Originally posted as two separate challenge microfic.


Pending Acquisition

He's mouthy, petulant, and far too knowledgeable for his own good, but Lilah's dealt with his kind before and knows how to handle him. She's read his file, and her bargaining instincts have only gotten sharper since she died; she knows which buttons she'll have to push to acquire the 53-year-old teenager and his supposedly magical genetics for Wolfram and Hart, and she won't even have to lie to do it.

God bless those idiots that thought cutting Jack O'Neill, Junior Edition, off from everything he cared for was a good idea.

"We can give you back your team," she says with a winning smile.

He's still wary, but he's paying attention now, staring intently across the conference table. "How?" he demands, leaning forward in his chair.

"There's more than one way to clone a cat," she purrs, then taps a few keys on her laptop and turns the screen to face him. Three sleeping teenage forms are visible on its monitor, captured from a live digital camera feed.

He watches them for a moment, desperation burning in his eyes, then shakes his head.

"I'll need to see them in person," he hedges.

Lilah smiles. She knows she's already won.


Something Ventured, Nothing Gained

Lilah stared grimly at the wreckage of the Las Vegas offices of Wolfram and Hart, grateful that she hadn't been the one in charge when the latest Special Project had blown up in its handler's faces. Not that she wasn't going to catch the blame for starting it in motion anyway, but at least she was still around to argue her case.

The introduction of the subject's equally cloned, young friends had acted as a brake on his defiance, just as she'd hoped-- but the locals hadn't been able to resist making use of the other three's talents also, and eventually someone had gotten careless in monitoring the kids' communications.

Between Jack's mystical gene, Sam's engineering talent, Teal'c's strength and experience, and Daniel's ability with languages, they'd somehow managed to send certain, strategically located Ancient artifacts in the storage vaults haywire, taking the entire building down in a series of rolling explosions and escaping in the chaos.

God damn the idiot that had thought reuniting Jack O'Neill, Junior Edition, with everything he cared for was a good idea.

After all, facing God's wrath would probably be less painful for her in the long run than the Senior Partners' likely reaction.

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2007 Jedi Buttercup.