Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted July 8, 2006

Also linked at:
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Temporal Anomaly

Title: Temporal Anomaly

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG

Summary: B:tVS, The Lake House. Whoever enchanted it must have had a reason. Double drabble.

Spoilers: Post-"Chosen" B:tVS; "The Lake House" (2006).


Buffy stared at the globe in Willow's office with interest; she'd heard her friend had finally found an efficient way of detecting Slayers, but she hadn't expected anything quite this-- functional. Or beautiful, either.

Willow's version of the geography tool was huge, larger than Buffy could encircle with her arms, and was painted in brilliant gemstone shades of green, amber, and blue. Tiny sparks of brighter colors-- purple, red, and yellow-- burned brightly on the globe's surface in several locations, including what looked like two large clusters in Ohio and England.

"Purple means Slayer?" she asked, raising her eyes to Willow's excited face.

"Yep." The witch nodded proudly. "Red are natural magic-users, and yellow are temporal-spatial anomalies; the spell has more colors, too, but they're turned off just now."

"Anomalies?" Buffy furrowed her brow, puzzled. "Like...?"

Willow laid a finger over a spot in the mid-US. "We've been looking for portals; in Chicago, we found one in a mailbox that transmits un-addressed mail from one end of a temporal tunnel to another. Letters sent in 2004 go to 2006, and vice versa."

"Why?" Buffy had to ask.

Willow shrugged. "No idea, but whoever enchanted it must have had a reason."

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.