Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted January 29, 2010

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net
    Twisting the Hellmouth

Fan Fiction: Turn of the Wheel

Title: Turn of the Wheel

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not. I claim nothing but the plot.

Rating: PG.

Summary: Angel/Firefly. Where better to find freedom and new purpose? 200 words.

Notes: Vague spoilers for A:tS finale and the Serenity movie. Also for the TTHFFA.


He hitched the strap of his rucksack higher on his shoulder, eyeing the long sweep of the Persephone docks. He didn't think Blue Sun had tracked him that far, but it would only take one unexpected observer to ruin an escape five hundred years in the making.

Not only had there been his eternal employment clause to deal with, but there'd been the slight problem of his death to reverse, too. Luckily, the exposure of the Senior Partners' Miranda project had finally provided the distraction he'd needed to complete his preparations.

Ironically, the flurry of Cortex newsfeeds covering the event had provided more than an opportunity-- it had also given him a destination. He'd been shocked, then darkly amused to recognize the faces of former supernatural heavyweights Jasmine, Caleb, and Hamilton all on the same heroic crew.

Where better to find freedom and new purpose, than an Independent ship crewed by former evildoers working off their karma in new lives?

He took a deep breath, then headed for the aging Firefly at the nearest slip.

"Hi," the overalls-clad greeter said, smiling cheerfully. "I'm Kaylee. Where you lookin' to fly to?"

"I'm Lindsey," he replied, taking her hand. "Anywhere but here."

 

Go to: Top | Short B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2010 Jedi Buttercup.