Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Chapter Data

Posted February 2, 2006

Fan Fiction: Eclipse

Epilogue

Sam opened her eyes to the rhythmic beep of medical machines. She blinked up at the ceiling for a moment, disoriented, then winced and turned her head away as a spear of light jabbed into one eye. "Janet?" she blurted, sure at least of the identity of her tormentor.

"You had us worried there for awhile," the SGC's chief medical officer answered, warmly. "How do you feel?"

Sam blinked away the spots from her vision and thought about that for a minute, taking stock of the current state of her nerve endings. "Like I spent too long at the beach, then got stabbed in the back," she said hoarsely. She was starting to remember what had happened on PM3-44G; it seemed like one long nightmare, far removed from the crisp, clean world of the SGC's infirmary.

"The others?" she asked, wrinkling her brow as she gazed up at Janet.

Janet smiled and gestured off to Sam's left. Sam turned her head to look in that direction, and immediately spotted her teammates: one after the other, they were lined up in beds just like hers. Teal'c and the Colonel were asleep, but Daniel was awake and busily typing away at his laptop. When he spotted her, he gave a little wave and a bright grin, then dived back into whatever he was doing.

"Under the circumstances," Janet said, "the General is postponing your post-mission briefing until the four of you have recovered. It'll be a few days for you, I'm afraid, but I had Dr. Lee bring your laptop down, and if you're a good girl I'll let you have it in the morning."

Sam would have objected, but she was still feeling rather drowsy. She gave Janet a wan smile, then closed her eyes and settled back into the pillow. Later, she would see whether Daniel had managed to hang on to his camera, whether she could get hold of the scans from the tel'tac's sensors on the makeup of PM3-44G's system, and what had happened to the Jaffa that Teal'c had saved. For now, the mission data and reports could wait.

Grateful for the infirmary's bright lighting, she allowed herself to drift back toward sleep. She had a feeling she'd be sleeping with a night light for a long while to come.

"Good night, Sam," Janet said, gently patting her arm.

She fell into dreams of shadows driven away by the sun.

(fin)

 

Go to: << Back | Story Index
                Top | Long Fanfic (Complete) | Fan Fiction Index


© 2006 Jedi Buttercup.