Navigation:     Home   About   News   Fiction   Links   Email  
Story Data

Posted August 5, 2010

Also linked at:
    Archive of Our Own
    Fanfiction.net

Fan Fiction: Triumph

Title: Triumph

Author: Jedi Buttercup

Disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not.

Rating: PG.

Summary: "He's a triumph for the KA program, after all." 200 words.

Spoilers: post-movie for "Salt" (2010), crossover with Stargate: SG-1.


He's been half-expecting someone to come for him ever since the SGC's first 'official' contact with Russia. He's a triumph for the KA program, after all: high level access to NORAD and the Stargate both, set up with one long-ago push of an oversized domino.

They inserted him too young, though. Or else he's weak; he's dreaded Day X since first meeting Catherine. The safety of all humanity is more important than simple patriotism.

He loves his team, too. And that's why he doesn't flee when the agent finally shows.

"Comrade Chenkov," he greets Orlov's favorite bleakly, over Major Davis' cooling corpse. Then he spreads empty palms and edges between her and the others. "I'm ready; there's no need to kill anyone else."

She glances between him and the unconscious bodies of his team, narrowing her eyes in thought. Then she speaks, words clipped, watching him closely. "Orlov's dead."

He swallows, glancing at Davis again in shocked realization. "Then--"

"He took everything from me," she says, harshly. "I will not let him win."

Then she leaves. He takes a shaky breath, then kneels next to Vala.

For the first time since his temporary escape to Abydos, Daniel Jackson feels free.

 

Go to: Top | Short Non-B:tVS Xovers | Fan Fiction Index


© 2010 Jedi Buttercup.